I guess the most important thing I have learned this year is how to objectively answer people who ask me why I love to travel.The last time a friend asked me, I told him: “I love to travel because it restores my emotional margin like a computer that got rebooted”. And he is like, “Ah, okay.”Most of my travels this year are unplanned and somehow, it was liberating. I got to choose and decide without wincing and weighing everything because if it is the otherwise, it would not be the same. So let me share some of the places and best experiences I had last 2017 through my annual Travel Recap.1. SPOKANE COUNTY, WASHINGTON STATEWas able to spend the new year with my family from the other side of the world. That’s my Aunt, Uncle, Fred and the two babies.It was my first time to experience snow and it was soooo majestic (for the first two or three days) but beyond that, it will be extremely lethal and depressing.
2. SILVER VALLEY, IDAHOOne of the best experiences I had was to visit Silver Mountain in Northern Idaho State. It was deadly freezing. Had so much fun snowboarding for the first time with my cousins that I missed so much. Almost broke my legs but glad not have totally wrecked it and I felt like a toddler trying to get the perfect baby steps.
3. CITY OF SEATTLESo lucky to have gone up the iconic Space Needle and other nearby tourist spots such as the Rail and the Museum of Pop Culture. More of other stories on Going Downtown Seattle
4. COEUR D’ ALENE CRUISE TO THE NORTH POLEVisited Santa Claus Island through this cruise.
5. LEAVENWORTH, GERMAN TOWNGerman feels all the way in this small town. The architecture. The huge horses. The beautiful German poles. The kiosks of different instagrammable stuff and souvenirs. You can check the rest of my experiences by reading this —> US Trip
6. HOT AIR BALLOON FESTIVAL, CLARK PAMPANGAWhen I was a kid, I used to daydream about flying up high Jack’s Beanstalk using a hot air balloon. Now that I am a little older (by that I mean just passing by a quarter-life crisis), I realized it is expensive to just watch them fly at a distance let alone getting in the balloon basket. So, that will remain a dream.Being able to join the crowd of the Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Clark, Pampanga this year is but a dream come true. More stories at PH Hot Air Balloon Fiesta Up High
7. BORACAY ISLANDBoracay is not a site for me anymore. I hate seeing it get destroyed. I know you and I can snap great photos and experience from this beautiful island but what we leave not just memories but trash and waste.
8. GUIMARAS ISLAND
This island is my home and i am so happy so have spent the summer just here around with my friends and family. I’m sure you will have Mangoes and More in our island.
LUSAYTATLONG PULOTAKLONG ISLAND MARINE RESERVEBALAAN BUKIDCABALING BEACH RESORT9. NEGROS TRIP
10. BANTAYAN ISLAND
An island in the Philippines that breaks hearts and heal them? It might be true in Bantayan Island, Cebu.Check out my stories at Broken Hearts in Bantayan Island
11. Sorry I put this in. This is one of my greatest milestones. My Master’s Degree from UP! And yes, somewhere i travelled to get to my graduation and I was late! Lol
12. METRO13. SUNKISSED SUNOG IN CEBU14. OSMENA PEAK
15. ENCHANTED KINGDOM16. CHINATOWN, MANILA17. DEVELOPMENT ACADEMY OF THE PHILIPPINES18. LAGUINDINGAN, CAGAYAN DE ORO19. BEIJING, CHINAThis Beijing trip is not really on my bucket list. But, because of some misfortune I would not like to hash over in the second quarter of this year, I decided to get in this trip without wincing.
When you finally decide to visit China, make sure to consider the following: first, be sure to not hesitate spending your money because every destination has its own strategic way of earning something from the tourists, and for you it means, bankruptcy if you let them get into your pockets.And *drum roll* The Great Wall of China!More stories at 16 Must-See Places in Beijing
There you have it. My Travel Recap 2017. I hope this is not too late yet to share. Thank you for being a part of my year. Love you, monkeys! Love, jaypeeneutron.
Sounds like a great year, filled with great adventures. What was your favourite destination?
Thanks, man. US is my favooooorite. I would love to go back there soon.
Come visit the Philippines!